One U.S. Citizen Parent
Please read the instructions below on the necessary forms you will need to complete and the supporting documents you should have prior to your interview for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
- Child’s birth certificate (issued by Reniec).
- Certificate of live birth issued by clinic/hospital.
- DNI – Peruvian National Identification card and Peruvian passport of child.
- Parent’s marriage certificate (if applicable, issued by Reniec or the municipality) if married in the United States, provide a state certificate issued by the civil authorities.
- If either parent has previously been married, proof of termination of previous marriage(s), i.e. death certificate, divorce decree, etc. If the document is not in English or Spanish, it should be translated to English.
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship of the parent (Certificate of Naturalization or U.S. issued birth certificate and U.S. passport).
- Foreign Passport and/or Photo Identification document of alien parent.
- Evidence of 5 years physical presence in the United States (employment letters, school records and transcripts, pay checks, Social Security Statements, etc.).
- Unsigned Affidavit of Parentage and Physical Presence and Statement of Financial Support form attached (PDF 165 KB)
- Pre Natal and Post Natal evidence (mother’s pregnancy book/records).
- Unsigned Form DS-2029 (PDF 52 KB) Application for Consular Report of Birth.
- Evidence of Relationship of Parents (such as photographs, financial support, joint accounts and/or properties, etc.).
- Personal interview with father, mother and child.
- $100.00 (payable in cash or credit card or the equivalent in soles).
Please do not sign forms until instructed by the Consular Officer to do so. If you are also applying for a passport for your minor child click here.
Starting October 1, 2011
Every applicant requesting a consular report of birth abroad, passport and/or notary services, must bring their own set of copies along with the original documents. Unfortunately, as per US government regulations we are required to charge US$1 per copy taken at the Embassy. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
For better service please have your passport application complete with photographs 15 minutes before your appointment. Please note that you may be asked to reschedule your appointment if you are more than 30 minutes late.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.