Cusco Consular Agency Notice
Our Consular Agency in Cusco will remain closed until the end of September. Any inquiries related to services for U.S. citizens in Cusco may be sent to LimaACS@state.gov, or in case of extreme emergency call the Embassy at +51 1 618-2000.
Emergency Contact Information
American Citizen Services is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding U.S. and Peruvian holidays.
If you have lost your U.S. passport or have had it stolen, please find detailed information on our Lost or Stolen Passports page.
For other emergencies involving an American citizen in Peru, you can reach us during normal business hours and after hours, seven days a week, via the main Embassy telephone number:
- If dialing from Peru: (01) 618-2000
- If dialing from the United States:  +51 1 618-2000
Routine services such as passport application/renewal, reports of birth abroad, federal benefits applications/claims, and notarial services are not considered emergencies, and are processed during regular business hours. Please also note that these numbers are not for visa inquiries.
Non-emergency services are performed on an appointment basis. For specific information about non-emergency services and how to schedule an appointment, please click on the appropriate link below:
- Emergency Services
- Reports of Birth Abroad & Citizenship
- Federal Benefits and Social Security
- Notarial Services
- All other non-emergency services
- Information about visas
The American Citizen Services Unit of U.S. Embassy Lima does not process visa cases and is not authorized to respond to visa-related inquiries. Please note that U.S. citizenship does not entitle a U.S. citizen to demand visas to the United States for family, loved ones, or friends. All visa-related inquiries should be directed to the Visa Unit.
- Email for non-visa related inquiries: LimaACS@state.gov
- American Citizen Services Facebook Page
- Embassy location:
U.S. Embassy - Lima
Avenida Encalada, Cuadra 17
Avenida Pardo 845
Phone:  +51 1 618-2000
Phone:  +51 84 231-474
SCAM - Arrested in Peru
- If you have been contacted to send money to a loved one in Peru, please see the link below first! Criminals commonly attempt to scam money from travelers' family members by posing as the traveler and claiming to be in trouble. To learn more about this scam, please see the Department of State Fraud Warning.