How to Apply
How to Apply for a Visa
The application process for a non-immigrant visa involves the initial application and an interview at the Embassy of the United States in Lima. The following steps outline the process of applying for a non-immigrant visa. For information regarding how to schedule an appointment, please visit the U.S. Visa Service website.
In order to apply for a non-immigrant visa to the United States every applicant must:
- Determine which category of visa is appropriate;
- Complete the online application (72 hours before your appointment);
- Pay the visa application processing fee and schedule an appointment via the U.S. Visa Service;
- Gather the required documentation;
- Attend the interview at the Consular Section of the Embassy in Lima.
For additional information please view the following links:
- Consular Section Access Policy and Prohibited Items
- The Visa Renewal Program
- Information for applicants 13 years old and younger, and for applicants 80 years old and older
- Current Visa Fees and Interview Appointment Wait Time
- Information for Diplomatic and Official Visas
- Additional Visa Application Forms
Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant's interview by a Consular Officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement during the visa interview. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case.
We always recommend that individuals apply for visas well in advance of their proposed date of travel. No assurances regarding the issuance of visas can be given in advance. Therefore, final travel plans or the purchase of non-refundable tickets should not be made until a visa has been issued and you have received your passport via DHL.