Visitor Visa Renewal
Visitor Visa Renewal
In order to expedite the renewal process of those applicants who have had or currently have a valid B1/B2 or B2 visa, the U.S. Embassy in Lima has a visa renewal process. Applicants who meet all of the requirements for renewal, benefit from a shorter waiting period and faster processing of their application.
Please note, however, that previously holding a valid B1/B2 or B2 visa does not automatically guarantee re-issuance. It is now required for applicants to have their fingerprints taken.
You may qualify for the Visitor Visa (B1/B2 or B2) Renewal Program if:
- You are a Peruvian citizen and currently live in Peru;
- You are applying for another B1/B2 or B2 visa;
- You have received, in Peru, a multiple entry Visitor Visa (B1/B2 or B2) with a validity of 5 or 10 years;
- You currently have a visa that has not expired, or one that expired within the past 4 years (before the new appointment date);
- Your passport is in good condition;
- Your last visa application (any type of visa) was not denied;
- Your most recent B1/B2 or B2 visa has not been lost or stolen; and,
- You have complied with the laws and regulations of the United States in the use of your prior visas.
Applying for the Visa
Please review the following FOUR STEPS below before beginning your visa application:
Step 4: Gather the required documentation:
- Valid passport in good condition
- Printed Form DS-160 confirmation sheet with a legible bar code. Do not print the entire application; you need only bring the confirmation page to your appointment.
- Photograph. If the printed confirmation page does not show the photograph you uploaded, please bring a 2" x 2" (5cm x 5cm) color photograph. The color photo should be taken against a white background and should measure 2" x 2" (5cm x 5cm). The face must occupy 50% of the photograph with the subject directly facing the camera. Do not submit photos that were taken more than six months ago or that have been retouched (digitally altered). For more information please visit the photo requirements section of Travel.State.gov.
- Passport with the B1/B2 or B2 visa to renew (if the visa to renew is not on the current passport)
- For minors:
- Copy of the minor's DNI (birth certificates are accepted as well)
- Copy of the parents'/legal guardians' valid visas. In case they do not have valid visas, they will need to follow the regular visa application process for the minor.
We always recommend that individuals apply for visas well in advance of their proposed date of travel. No assurances regarding the issuance of visas can be given in advance. Therefore, final travel plans or the purchase of non-refundable tickets should not be made until a visa has been issued and you have received your passport via DHL. Please note that some cases may require additional administrative processing that adds to the time required to process your visa application.