Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation

American citizens needing valid emergency passport services may come to the American Citizen Services Unit without appointments during regular business hours.  If you are in doubt as to whether your situation qualifies as an emergency, you may call 618-2000 for more information.   Please be advised that cases not involving emergency circumstances will not be processed without an appointment.  Please provide a police report or other documentation of the emergency nature of your passport application.

Please click here to schedule or cancel an appointment.

For better service please have your passport application complete with photographs 15 minutes before your appointment.

Please make sure you complete a passport application DS-82 for adult renewals which is available online BEFORE coming to your appointment. Please note that you may be asked to reschedule your appointment if you are more than 30 minutes late.

Please complete a passport application DS-82 for adult renewals.

You must present the following:

  • Your most recent passport.
  • If you have had your name changed by marriage or court order,  you need to submit proper documentation to reflect your name-change.
  • One color photo taken within the past 6 months, (5 x 5 cm) with white or off-white background.
  • Fee: $110.00 (payable in U.S. Dollars, Peruvian Soles or credit card).

The passport renewal process usually takes from 10 to 15 days.

See the “Passports for Minors under Age 16” section for special instructions regarding children.  For children 15 and younger, the passport validity is 5 years. For 16 and older, it is 10 years.

The Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1185) requires U.S. citizens  to use U.S. passports when entering and departing the United States. Dual nationals may be required to enter and leave the country of alternate nationality using their alternate passport; entering another country with a non-U.S. passport does not endanger U.S. citizenship.

Children born in Peru to a U.S. citizen parent acquire Peruvian citizenship at birth and may have a claim to U.S. citizenship. They are dual nationals and are required to have Peruvian passports to enter or leave Peru. If they are also determined to be U.S. citizens, they will need U.S. passports to enter or depart the United States.  We suggest you contact local authorities for official information in this matter.

Embassy Lima does NOT accept applications by mail.

Photo Vendor at the Embassy

A photo vendor is now available in the Embassy  immigrant and non-immigrant visa waiting areaafter passing through security between 07:30 and 15:00 daily.  The vendor’s services are a safe, secure, and economical alternative for our applicants filing passport applications. 

Starting October 1, 2011

Every applicant requesting a consular report of birth abroad, passport and/or notary services, must bring their own set of copies along with the original documents.  Unfortunately, as per US government regulations  we are required to charge US$1 per copy taken at the Embassy.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Updated: March 5, 2012

Passport Fees

  • First time issuance or replacement of stolen passport:

    Applicant 16 or older - US $135
    Applicant 15 or younger - US $105

    Renewal (previous passport available)

    Previous passport must have been issued when applicant was 16 or older - US $110
    Applicant is 15 or younger - US $105

    Report of Birth Abroad - US $100* (*Issued only up to age 18)