Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Welfare and Whereabouts

American Citizen Services staff will do everything within their authority to help U.S. citizens in emergencies. If you are concerned about the welfare or whereabouts of an American citizen traveling or residing in Peru, please call the main Embassy number [011] (51-1) 618-2000.  During regular business hours, your call will be answered by American Citizen Services staff. After 5:00 p.m., weekends and U.S. and Peruvian holidays, an Embassy duty officer will answer your call. In order to help us locate the missing person, please be prepared to provide any information you have about their identity, travel plans in Peru, destinations, dates, airline, contact and hotel information.

For general information on Consular services in welfare-and-whereabouts cases, please see the State Department publication "Welfare/Whereabouts Services Abroad".

Updated: June 08, 2011